Ph.D. Economics, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY Sept , 2009
M.A. Economics, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY Feb, 2007
M.Phil Economics, CSDILE/SIS, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Apr, 2002
Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, May 2017-Present
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Oct 2013-May 2017
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Shillong, Feb 2012-Sept 2013
Fellow India Development Foundation, India Oct -2010-Jan 2012
Lecturer,State University of New York, College at Brockport, New York, USA Aug-2009 – July – 2010
Visiting Assistant Professor, Alfred University, New York, USA,Aug -2008- July-2009
Visiting Faculty,Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore Fall of 2006
Adjunct Faculty, State University of New York, University at Buffalo, New York, USA Jan – 2007 – July – 2008
Research Assistant, Society for Economic Research and Financial Analysis, India March - 2000 - May 2002
Research Assistant, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, India, Aug 1999 -Feb 2000
Corporate Governance, Development Economics, Applied Microeconomics and Econometrics
Applied Microeconomics, Development Economics, Corporate Governance, Labor and Demographic Economics, Econometrics
- Do Family Firms Choose Conservative Accounting Practices. Mehul Raithatha and Tara Shankar Shaw. 2019 Forthcoming in The International Journal of Accounting.
- Effect of External Auditors on Managerial Slack. Junxiong Fang, Lerong He, and Tara Shankar Shaw. 2018 Forthcoming in Accounting Horizon
- Operating Performance of Initial Public Offering (IPO) Firms after Issue in India-A Revisit. Avdhesh Kumar Shukla and Tara Shankar Shaw. Reserve Bank of India Occasional Papers, 2018, Vol 39 Issue 1&3 pp 69-104.
- Managerial Labor Market During Institutional Transitions: A Study of CEO Compensation and Voluntary Turnover, Lerong He, Tara Shankar Shaw, and Junxiong Fang, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 2017, Vol 25 Issue 3
- Ownership Influence on Corporate Social Responsibility in the Indian Context. James J Cordeiro, Tara Shankar Shaw, Ambra Galeazzo, Rajaram Veliyatha and Nandakumar. Asia Pacific Journal of Management 2017, Online First
- Enhancing Shareholder Value through Efficient Working Capital Management-An Empirical Investigation from India. P Saravanan, S. Narayanasamy, M. Srikanth, T. S. Shaw, Finance India: The Quarterly Journal of Finance, 2017, Vol XXXI Issue 3.
- Director network resources and firm performance: Evidence from Indian corporate governance reforms. Tara Shankar Shaw, James J Cordeiro and Palanisamy Saravanan, Asian Business & Management, 2016, Vol 15 Issue 3.
- CEO power, equity ownership and underwriter reputation as determinants of lockup period length. Lerong He, James J Cordeiro, and Tara Shankar Shaw, Management Research Review, 2015, Vol 38 Issue 5.
- Does Food Subsidy Affect the Nutrition of the Household: Some Evidences From Indian Public Distribution System. Tara Shankar Shaw and Sridhar Telidevara, International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, 2014, Vol 34 Issue 1/4.
- Informativeness of Performance Measures and Chinese Executive Compensation. James J Cordeiro, Lerong He and Martin Conyon and Tara Shankar, Shaw Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 2013, Vol 30 Issue 4.
- Chinese Executive Compensation: The Role of Asymmetric Performance Benchmarks. James J Cordeiro, Lerong He and Martin Conyon and Tara Shankar Shaw The European Journal of Finance, 2016 (Accepted in 2013), Vol 22 Issue 4-6.
- Transitions from Cohabitation: A Competing Risk Analysis. Tara Shankar Shaw, Review of Market Integration, Vol 3, No2 Aug 2011.
- CEO Survival and Industry Discretion: An Application of Agency and Job Matching Theories James J Cordeiro and Tara Shankar Shaw Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2010, O1-O6, National Meetings, Montreal, Canada.
Sathavahana: Strategies for Financial Turnaround (with Teaching Notes). Maram Srikanth, Palanisamy Saravanan, Tara Shankar Shaw, Ivey Publishing, 2016
Coromandel: Enhancement of Short-Term Finance (with Teaching Notes). Maram Srikanth, Palanisamy Saravanan, Tara Shankar Shaw, Ivey Publishing, 2015
- Role of Independent Directors - Enhancing or Otherwise of the Shareholders Wealth – An Empirical Investigation Tara Shankar Shaw and Palanisamy, Saravanan Fir st Corporate Governance Conference by IIM Trichi - June 13 and 14 , 2014
Does Food Subsidy Affect Household Nutrition Tara Shankar Shaw and Sridhar Telidevara International Comparative Analysis of Poverty in Asia, Urbanization, Migration and Social Policy 2012, Southwest Jiatong Univeristy, Chengdu, China
Do Criminals Get Cured from their Criminal Behaviour: A Mixture - cure Model of Recidivism Sridhar Telidevara and Tara Shankar Shaw International Conference on Public Policy and Governance September 4 – 6 IISC Bangalore, India
Transition into and from Cohabitation Tara Shankar Shaw Presented at Center for International Trade and Development, SIS, JNU – Jan – 31 – 2011
CEO Firing and Industry Discretion James J Cordeiro and Tara Shankar Shaw
Strategic Management Society Research Workshop Feb – 26 - 26, 2011, India Institute of Management Calcutta, India
Use and Weighting of Performance Measures in Chinese Top Management Contracts James J Cordeiro, Lerong He, Martin Conyon and Tara Shankar Shaw 4 th China Goes Global Conference in Oct 6 - 8, 2010, Harvard University, Cambridge, USA
Hit the Road Jack: A Survival Analysis of Cohabitation By Tara Shankar Shaw - Midwest Economic Association 2008, Chicago USA
International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy
IIM Kozhikode Society Management Review; Prajnan
- Certificate of Best Paper “Do External Auditors Help Constrain Managerial Slack in China?” 2017 Special Accounting Horizons Forum Conference Nov 4-5, 2017 at Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University, Suzhou, China
- Certificate of Best Paper “Institutional logic in Family Business: Evidence from Board Structure Change in India Public Firms” in the “The Ninth International Symposium on Multinational Business Management-2017” at Nanjing University, China
- Ford Foundation Scholarship: For securing Second Position in All India Entrance Examination for the International Trade and Development Division (ITD) at Jawaharlal Nehru University, 1997.
Avdhesh Shukla, Naina Duggal, Sneha Lynette Thayyil, Arundhathi K B, Arundhathi K B, Shreya Jain, Balu Pawde and Soumya Sankar Chakraborty
Name of Student
Social Forces of Social Suffering in the 'Transplant World'
Do Private Secondary Schools Perform better than Government Secondary Schools?
Estimating Managerial Ability and its Effect on Firm Performance and Policies
Resource Provision Function of the Board of Directors in Indian IPO firms