Bilingualism, Action Control, Cognition and emotion, Literacy
- PhD (Cognitive Sciences)-2011-2018: Centre of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences, University of Allahabad
- MSc (Cognitive Sciences)-2008-2010: Centre of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences, University of Allahabad
- BSc (Psychology, Computer Science)-2005-2008- University of Allahabad
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: June-2017- May 2018, Community Empowerment Lab, Lucknow
- Research Assistant: Nov 2011- Aug 2012, Centre for Biomedical Magnetic Research, SGPGI in the project titled “A longitudinal study of structural and functional brain changes in illiterate adults as they learn to read Hindi scripts”.
- Research Investigator: June 2010-Jan 2011, Defence Institute of Psychological Research- Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- Research Assistant: Feb 2011- March 2011, Centre of behavioural and cognitive sciences, University of Allahabad.
- Singh, J.P., Kar, B.R. (2018). Effect of language proficiency on proactive occulo-motor control among bilinguals. PLoS ONE 13(12): e0207904. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0207904
- Skeide, M.A., Kumar, U., Mishra, R.K., Tripathi, V.N., Guleria, A., Singh, J.P., Eisner, F., & Huettig, F. (2017). Learning to read alters intrinsic cortico-subcortical cross-talk in visual system of illiterates. Science Advances
- Singh, J.P. & Mishra, R.K. (2015). Effect of bilingualism on anticipatory oculomotor control. International Journal of Bilingualism.doi:10.1177/1367006915572398
- C. N. L. Olivers, F. Huettig, J. P. Singh & R. K. Mishra (2014): The influence of literacy on visual search, Visual Cognition, DOI: 10.1080/13506285.2013.875498
- Miyapuram, K.P., Singh, J. P.,Bapi, R.S. & Pammi, V. S. C. (2012). Chunking pattern depend on the structural organization of complex visuo-motor sequences. International Journal of Mind, Brain & Cognition, 2, 39-63.
- Book Chapter:
- Mishra, R. K., Singh, N., & Singh, J.P. (In Press). Activation of non-cognate translation equivalents in Hindi-English bilinguals: Evidence from priming and eye tracking. In Gupta &Mishra (Eds.) .Lincom Europa. Munich