PhD.,Psychology (2006), Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur, India Dissertation:Temporal Aspects of Prospective and Retrospective Memory Supervisor (s): Professor Narendra K. Sharma & Professor Shikha Dixit
M.A., Psychology (July, 1995) Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, India, Major in Clinical Psychology, Grade Obtained: First Division Rank: Second out of 21 students.
B.A., Psychology (June, 1993) Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, India, Grade Obtained: First Division, Rank: First out of 35 students.
Working as Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
Worked as a Researcher at the Department of Psychology, University of Jyvskyla, Finland, August 2004 to March 2005.
Worked as Assistant Professor at T.A.Pai Management Institute, Manipal, Karnataka, India, August 2006 to May, 2007.
Visiting Faculty, Department of Psychology, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland, August 2004 - December, 2005. Course: "Cognitive Development: Infancy to Adolescence"
- Cognitive Psychology, Educational Psychology, Human Cognitive Processes, Developmental Neuropsychology, Biological Psychology, Cognitive Ergonomics, Research Methodology
- Developmental Neuropsychology, Education and Child Development, Eyewitness Testimony, Cognitive Ergonomics, EEG / Event Related Potential, Working Memory and Prospective Memory and Developmental Dyslexia.
Advance Psychological Theory, Community Psychology, Development: Infancy to Adolescence, Introduction to Psychology, Human Cognitive Processes, Consumer Behavior, Research Methodology, Computer Aided Statistics, Socio-Psychological Perspectives in Development & Change.
Fleva & Khan (2015).An examination of the leftward cradling bias among typically developing adults high on autistic traits, Laterality:Asymmetries of Body, Brain and Cognition, DOI:10.1080/1357650X.2015.1046881.
Khan, A. (2015). Cognitive Dysfunction, and Self Efficacy in Episodic Prospective Memory,Journal of Psychosocial Research, 10 (2) 2015.
Khan, A., Fleva, E., & Qazi, T. (2015). Role of Self Esteem and General Self Efficacy in Teacher's Efficacy in Primary School. Psychology, 6,117-125.
Khan, A. , Abdal-hay, A. , Qazi, T. , Calle, C. and Castillo, R. (2014)Time Estimation in Developmental Dyslexia: An Experimental Investigation. Open Journal of Medical Psychology, 3, 373-381. doi: 10.4236/ojmp.2014.35039.
Khan, A (2014). An investigation into prospective memory in children with developmental dyslexia, Frontiers in Psychology, Vol 5, 1308, 2014.
Khan, Azizuddin, Sharma N.K, & Dixit S. (2013). Prospective and Retrospective Time Estimation: A Dual Task Paradigm,Swiss Journal of Psychology,(Accepted).
Mohita J, & Khan Azizuddin.(2013). Eyewitness Identification: Importance of Belief in Memory Accuracy. Indian Journal of Psychology and Education. Vol. 3 (1), 1-20.
Singh V, and Khan Azizuddin. (2012). Decision making in the reward and punishment variants of the Iowa gambling task: Evidence of "foresight" or "framing"?.Frontiers in Decision Neuroscience.6:107. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2012.00107.
Khan, Azizuddin, Hamalainen J. A, Leppanen, P. H. T., & Lyytinen, H. (2011). Auditory event-related potentials show altered hemispheric responses in dyslexia.Neuroscience Letters, 498, 127-132.
Khanganba S.P. & Khan Azizuddin. (2011). Attention, polychronicity and expertise in prospective memory performance: Programmers' vulnerability to habit intrusion error in multitasking. International Journal of Human Computer Studies, 69(6), 428-439.
Singh V & Khan Azizuddin (2009). Heterogeneity in Choices on Iowa Gambling Task: Preference for Infrequent High Magnitude Punishment.Mind and Society 8 (1), 43-57.
Singh V & Khan Azizuddin (2008), Affect, judgment and endowment-contrast effects. Journal of Indian Health Psychology, Vol. 3, No.1, 19-26.
Khan, Azizuddin, Sharma N.K & Dixit S. (2008). Event and Time based Prospective Memory: An Experimental Investigation, The Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied, Heldref Publications, 142(5), 517-532.
Khan, Azizuddin, Sharma N.K & Dixit S. (2007). Relationship between Prospective and Retrospective Memory: A Questionnaire Based Study, Psychological Studies, Volume 52 (2), April, 2007.
Khan, Azizuddin & Sharma N. K. (2007). Role of Meta-memory and Demography in Prospective and Retrospective Memory,Journal of Psychosocial Research, 2 (2), 63-75.
Khan, Azizuddin, Sharma N.K & Dixit S. (2006). Effect of cognitive load and paradigm on time perception,Journal of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, 32 (1), 37-42.
Chapter (Edited Book):
Kapoor, H & Khan, A. (2015). THE Dark Triad and Negative Creativity,KIE Handbook of Creativity, 98-113.
Khan, Azizuddin(2009).DevelopmentalDyslexia: Current Scenario (Eds.), Kalpaz Publishing Publishing House, New Delhi.
Khan, Azizuddin & Khan A (2009).Cognitive Style and Mentoring: An Approach for Organizational Development (Eds.), Global Publishing House, New Delhi.
Khan, Azizuddin, Qazi T, & Khan A (2008).Cognitive Skills in Sport Performance(Eds.), Global Vision Publishing House, New Delhi.
Khan, Azizuddin, Qazi T, & Khan A (2007).Psychological Disease and Immune Function: Psychoneuroimmunological Perspective (Eds.), Global Vision Publishing House, New Delhi.
Hussain, Khan, Azizuddin. & Ahuja R. (2005). Stress: An Overview, Human Stress Management (Eds.), Global Vision Publishing House, New Delhi.
Khan, Azizuddin (2011). Prospective Memory: Realization of Delayed Intention. University Book House Publication, Jaipur, Funded by Indian Council of Social Science (ICSSR), New Delhi.
Shyam R & Khan Azizuddin (2009). Clinical Child Psychology, Kalpaz Publishing House, New Delhi.
Psychological Studies, India
Journal of Child and Family Studies
- Khan, A.(2015). An Examination of the Leftward Cradling bias among Typically Developing Adults high on Autistic Children, at 35th Inter-american Congress of Psychology, from July 12-16, 2014 at Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Lima, Peru.
- Khan, A. (2015). Visual information deficit in Hindi-speaking children with developmental dyslexia: An event related potential (ERP) study,International Brain Research Organization (IBRO), from July 7-11, at Sulamerica Convention Centre, Rio de Jeneiro, Brazil.
- Khan, A. (2014). Teacher's efficacy and inclusive education, at University of Cuenca, Ecuador on June 19, 2014.
- Khan, A. (2014). Event - and Time based prospective memory and Age in medical adherence: An experimental investigation" at V Regional Congress of the Interamerican Society of Psychology (ISP), San Salvador, El Salvador from July 21- 24, 2014.
- Khan, Azizuddin. (2013).Time estimation deficit in developmental dyslexia, (Poster Presentation) at the International Workshop on Reading and Developmental Dyslexia at Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language, Donostia San Sebastian, Spain from May 30- June 01, 2013.
- Khan, Azizuddin. (2013).Impulsivity & Task Condition in Prospective Memory Performance : Converging evidence from experimental and questionnaire study" (Oral Presentation) at 5th International Conference in Cognitive Sciences (ICCS 2013), Tehran, Iran, from May 07-09, 2013.
- Participated in Neural Synchrony Workshop, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland May 9-10, 2012.
- Khan, Azizuddin. (2011).Personality, Meta-memory and Task Condition in Prospective Memory Performance, Society for Applied Research in Memory And Cognition IX, at The GraduateCenter,CUNY, New York, June 27-29, 2011.
- Participated in 10th Congress of the French Society for Neuroscience, Marseille, France, May 24-27, 2011.
- Junnarkar M, & Khan, Azizuddin. (2010).Effect of Anxiety, Retention Interval, and Recall on Recognition Accuracy of Eyewitness Testimony.36th Annual Conference of Society for Police and Criminal Psychology, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, (Received Best Poster Presentation Award),September 19-23, 2010
- Participated in INAPIC Kickoff Workshop at International Normal Aging and Plasticity Imaging Center, University of Zurich, Switzerland, May 03 to 05, 2010.
- Khan, Azizuddin, Hamalainen, J.,& Leppanen, P.H.T (2009). Visuo-Spatial Sketchpad and Developmental Dyslexia Electrophysiological and Behavioral InvestigationCognitive Decline in Diabetic and Cardiac Patients: An Adult Life Span Study(Poster Presentation),49th Annual Meeting of Society for Psychophysiological Research Berlin, Germany, October 21-24, 2009.
- Khan, Azizuddin, & Khan, I. (2009), Cognitive Decline in Diabetic and Cardiac Patients: An Adult Life Span Study (Poster Presentation), 67th Annual Scientific Meeting, American PsychosomaticSociety,Chicago, IL,March 4 -7, 2009,
- Khan, Azizuddin, (2008).Event and Time-based Prospective Memory: An Experimental Investigation (Oral Presentation), International Congress of Psychology 2008,Berlin, Germany, July 20- 25, 2008.
- Khan, Azizuddin. (2008).Temporal Aspects of Prospective and Retrospective Memory, Poster Presentation, International Congress of Psychology 2008, Berlin, Germany, July 20- 25, 2008.
- Khan, Azizuddin. Hamalainen, J., Guttorm, T. M., Lyytinen, H., & Leppanen, P.H.T: Short Term Memory and Dyslexia: Electrophysiological and Behavioral Convergence, Behaviour Pathologies: Biological Approaches, Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Lisbon, Portugal, February 14-16, 2007.
- Participated in 5th Brain Connectivity Workshop organized by University of Tohoku, Senadai, Japan, May 17- 20, 2006.
- Khan, Azizuddin, & N.K. Sharma(2005),Role of Meta-memory and Demography in Prospective and Retrospective Memory, 2nd International Conference on Prospective Memory,University of Zurich, Switzerland, July 25- 27, 2005.
- Khan, Azizuddin, Hamalainen, Jarmo, T. K Guttorm, Lyytinen, Heikki and P. H. T. R. Leppanen (2005),Electric Brain responses to consonant change in speech stimuli in school aged children, Poster presentation, Helsinki Winter School in Cognitive Neuroscience, Finland, March 2-11, 2005.
- Participated in the 2nd Helsinki Winter School in Cognitive Neuroscience, Finland, March 2-8, 2003.
- National Participation
- Khan, A (2014). Aging and prospective in medical adherence: An experimental investigation at 3rd "International Conference on Recent Advances in Cognition and Health" at the department of Psychology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi from December 19-21, 2014.
- Khan, A. (2014).Realization of delayed intention and its neural correlates: An electrophysiological investigation, at International Symposium on Memory and Human Wellbeing: Interdisciplinary Perspectives,IIT Bombay from 9-10 November 2014.
- Khan, A.(2014).Neural correlates of prospective memory. under United Kingdom-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) at A Cutting-Edge Workshop on Methods and Analysis of EEG and fMRI from October 10th – 12th, 2014.
- Khan, A. (2014). Electroencephalography and Event Related Potential: Basic Principle and Application at Biopotential Recording and signal processing, Department of Biophysics, University of Mumbai on September 12, 2014.
- Participated in Brain Mapping Workshop 2009 at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala, India from November 19 to November 20, 2009.
- Participated National School on New Dimension to Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: From Molecules to Human Behavior at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India from May 12- May 17, 2008.
- Khan, Azizuddin. & Khan A (2008), Psychological Well being among Indian Muslim Youth: The Role of Education and Gender at International Seminar on Health Psychology (ISHP-2008) Department of Psychology Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Dayalbagh, Agra India from February 21-23, 2008.
- Presented the paper Developmental Dyslexia and Language Structure: A Psycholinguistic Exposition organized by National Academy of Psychology at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK), December 17-19, 2007.
- Khan, Azizuddin, N.K. Sharma, and Dixit S. (2007), The Effect of Cognitive Load, Actual Duration, Method of Time Judgment and Paradigm on Time Estimation, Presented at 2nd National Conference on Applied Cognitive Psychology, organized by Psychology Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India, November, 29 - 30, 2007.
- Presented the paper Relationship between Prospective and Retrospective Memory: A Questionnaire Based Study, National Academy of Psychology, Indian Institute of TechnologyBombay (IITB), December 14-16, 2006.
- Presented the paper Effect of Social Support and Positive Thinking on Stress: Mantra of Healthy Life, Psychophysiology of Well Being, Department of Psychology, M.D University, Rohtak, March 28 - 29, 2006.
- Presented the paper Child Health and Dyslexia: Bio-cognitive and Language related Indicators, Psychophysiology of Well Being, Department of Psychology, M.D University, Rohtak,March 28 - 29, 2006.
- Participated in 31st Mahabaleshwar Seminar in Modern Biology From Molecules to network & Behavior, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, January 7 - 14, 2006.
- Participated in a short-term course on Computational Neuroscience jointly organized by National Brain Research Centre, Manesar and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, July 7 - 18, 2003.
Awarded grant "An electrophysiological understanding of executive functioning in creativity" (2014-2015), IRCC, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Rs. 1,10,000.00.
Awarded a grant by ICSSR-NWO India-Netherlands Social Science Scholar Exchanges 2013 entitled 'Developmental dyslexia in India and the Netherlands: A cross-linguistic perspective'.
"Goal-directed future cognition: neural and cognitive mechanisms underpinning the successful completion of planned and intended behaviour and actions" under UGC-UKIERI Thematic Partnership (2014-15).
Identification and Assessment of Factors Responsible for Low Particiaption of Muslim Girls in Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar (2014-15), Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi. Rs, 10,00000/-
Identifying Causal Factors and Cognitive Precursors of Dyslexia: Phycholinguistic and Psychophysical Approaches, (2009-2013), SERC, Department of Science and Technology, Rs. 12,79,800.00
Behavioural, neural and cognitive studies of auditory, speech and phonological processing in developmental dyslexia and intervention for remedial measures. (2013-2015), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Rs, 17,41,000.00 (First Year).
Prospective memory and aging in medical adherence: technology intervention for elderly individuals. (2010- 2013) Cognitive Science Initiative, Department of Science and Technology, Rs. 34,76,400.00
Neuro-cognitive underpinning of co-morbidity between dyslexia and autism. Health Care Initiative, (2012-2013), IRCC, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Rs. 5,00,000.00
Role of Investigating Style, Police Interrogation & Confession in Indian Context: An empirical Investigation. (2011-2012), Bureau of Police Research and Development, New Delhi, Rs. 4,99,800.00
To investigate role of Impulsivity, Reward and Loss Sensitivity in Decision Making during a Gambling Task: An Emperical Study, (2011-2012), IRCC, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Rs. 1,10,000.00
Neural Correlates of Implementation Intention Across Age. (2011-2012), IRCC, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Rs. 1,10,000.00
SG / Consumer Memory for Intention : A Cross Sectional Study, (2007-2010) IRCC, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Rs.11,41,246.00
Diagnosis and Assessment of Dyslexia among children, Consultancy services, Maharashtra Dyslexia Association (MDA), (2009-2013), Rs. 10,80,285.00
Identification of casual underpinning of aggressive inclination among the Kashmiri Youth, Ministry of Home Affair, Jammu and Kashmir Section, New Delhi, 2011-12, Rs. 60,000.00
- Awarded DAAD IIT Faculty Exchange programme 2015 to visit IfADo,Dortmund,Germany.
Awarded Visiting Researcher by Erasmus Mundus India To Europe (EMINTE)scholarship to visit Univeristy of Warsaw, Poland 2014-15.
Awarded Visiting Scientists by Indian National Science Academy (INSA) under International Collaboration / Bilateral Exchange Programme, 2014 - 2015 to visit to Erciyes University, Turkey.
Awarded Visiting Scientist under India-Russia Cultural Exchange Programme of ICSSR, New Delhi, 2012-2013 to visit Moscow, Russia.
International Fellowship for young Bio-Medical Scientist FY-2011-2012 by Indian Council of Medical Research,at Jyvaskyla University, Finland.
Awarded Visiting Scientists by Indian National Science Academy (INSA) under International Collaboration / Bilateral Exchange Programme, 2010 - 2011 to visit to Dortmund, Germany.
Awarded Hermes Fellowship by the Ministry of Foreign affairs, France, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), and La Fondation Maison des sciences de l'homme (FMSH), 2009 to visit to France.
Awarded scholar exchange scheme Under ICSSR-ESRC (UK) bilateral collaboration programme for the year 2009 to visit to University Reading, UK.
Awarded Travel Grant by Society of Psychophysiological Research (2009), Berliner Congress Center,21-24, 2009 to visit to Berlin,Germany.
Cousin's Center Global Outreach Award(2009) by the American Psychosomatic Society, Marriott Downtown,Chicago, IL USA
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Fellowship to attend ICCL Summer School on Computational Logic and Cognitive Science at Technische Universitat Dresden, August 24-September 6, 2008. to visti ot Germany.
Awarded Young Scientist at International Congress of Psychology, 2008, July 20-25, 2008 to visit to Berlin, Germany,
Fellowship to attend OIST Workshop on Cognitive Neurobiology, March 11-15, 2007 to visit to Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Okinawa, Japan,
Fellowship to attend Workshop, Behaviour Pathologies: Biological Approaches at Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia,February 14-16, 2007 to visit to Lisbon, Portugal.
International Brain Research Organization Fellowship for attending 5th Brain Connectivity Workshop at Sendai,May 17-20, 2006 to visit to Japan.
Marie-curie Assistantship for attending Helsinki winter School in Cognitive Neuroscience, 2005.
IIT Kanpur, Institute Fellowship, Awarded partial tuition fee waiver at IIT Kanpur on obtaining excellent grades during the PhD coursework, April 2004-October 2005.
Qualified University Grants Commission (India) conducted National Eligibility Test - Junior Research Fellowship in December 1998
University Merit Scholarship (1993-1995), Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, India.
Member Sociedad Interamericana de Psicologia, No. 3779.
Member International Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology.
Life Member, Indian Academy of Applied Psychology-No. 985
Life Member of Indian Academy of Neuroscience-Lk 56
Life Member of National Magnetic Resonance Society
India Life Member of Indian Society of Ergonomics-L191.
Member, Association for Psychological Science, USA, 2011-12
Member of Society of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition-2011
Member, Society for Psychophysiological Research, 2009.
Member of National Academy of Psychology-2008
Associate of Brain Behavior Society-2008.
Life Member, Journal of Personality and Clinical Studies, 2008 .
Member of Technical Committees & Reviewers Boards on Humanities and Social Sciences of World
Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology
Member of Neuroinsight Foundation, Montreal, Quebec, Canada