Ph.D: State University of New York, Albany.
M.A: University of Bombay.
B.A: St. Xavier’s College.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Family Planning Association of India, Mumbai
Department of Health and Social Behavior
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston
Department of Psychology, University at Albany, Albany N.Y.
Health, Gender, Development
Kulkarni,M. (2018). The case of the middle class: Social determinants of health in Mumbai. Journal of Health Psychology, online first.
Mohan, R. & Kulkarni, M. (2018). Resilience in Parents of Children with Intellectual Disabilities. Psychology and Developing Societies, 30 (1), 19-43.
Patwardhan, N. & Kulkarni,M. (2018). Exploring self through memory: Narratives of Punjabi and Sindhi Partition survivors. Memory Studies, online first.
Ganguly, S., Kulkarni, M. & Gupta, M. (2017) A Self-Efficacy Intervention for Poorly Performing Students. Indian Journal of Psychology and Education, 7(2),65-68.
Ganguly, S., Kulkarni, M. & Gupta, M. (2017). Predictors of academic performance among Indian students. Social Psychology of Education.20 (1) 139-157. doi:10.1007/s11218-016-9345-y.
· Ganguly,S., Kulkarni,M., & Gupta,M.(2013). The Engineering Undergraduate Experience: A Qualitative Perspective. Psychological Studies, 58(3), 248-258.
· Kulkarni, M (2012). “Social determinants of health: The role of neighbourhoods, psychological factors and health behaviors in predicting health outcomes for the urban poor in India” Journal of Health Psychology, pp1-14 (Online first version Feb 22, 2012).
· Akhukly,A., & Kulkarni, M (2010). Public Mental Health Services in Mumbai. International Psychiatry, 7, 97-99.
· Hartlaub, M., & Kulkarni, M..(2009) "Adolescence illustrated: The best coming of age novels and short stories." English in Texas, 39, 63-65
· Kulkarni, M. (2007). Predicting Contraceptive Behavior in India. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 37, 2475-2495.
· Keenan, J., Gallup, G., Goulet, N., & Kulkarni, M. (1997). Attribution of Deception in Human Mating Strategies. Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 12, 45-52.
· Parikh, R., Jain, R., Kulkarni, M., Sonawalla, S., & Vas, S., (1994). Mechanisms of Coping and Psychopathology following the Latur Earthquake. Archives of Indian Psychiatry, 1, 97-101.