Syntax, Semantics, Morphology, Translation, Lexicography, Pragmatics, Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics.
- Post-Doc in Linguistics from IIT Bombay since August 2018 (Pursuing)
- PhD in Linguistics from, Banaras Hindu University in July 2017.
- M.A. in English Literature from IGNOU in 2013 with II division.
- M.A. in Linguistics from Banaras Hindu University in 2010 with I division.
- B.A. in English (honors.) from Banaras Hindu University in 2007 with II division.
- Intermediate from U.P. Board in 2004 with I division.
- High School from U.P. Board in 2002 with II division.
- Worked as Associate Linguist for Hindi in Cognizant Technology Solutions at Google Bangalore since February 26th 2018 to 3rd August 2018.
- Worked as Junior Linguist in Optimum Info System- Hindi at Google Bangalore since February 8th 2016 to February 7th 2018.
- Worked as a Mentor for Summer Project in IIT BHU (May-July 2014) on Bhojpuri corpus creation and Bhojpuri Annotation (Tagging and Chunking).
- Teaching Assistant (BA Honors students) in Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Arts, at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, UP, India, from Aug 2012- Dec 2014 (5 semesters).
- Resource Person in “Short Term Goal Oriented Project-Hindi” from 31st December 2012 1st March 2013 organized by LDC-IL, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Internship project at IIIT Hyderabad on “Hindi Verbs and Wiki page Creation” from 24th May to 22nd July 2010.
- Workshop on Introduction to Natural Language Processing, held at Department of Linguistics, BHU, Varanasi from 25th to 29th October 2010.
- 9th International Conference on South Asian Languages, held at Punjabi University, Patiala from 7th to 9th January 2010.
- Orientation cum Training Programme on Natural Language Processing, held at Department of Linguistics, BHU Varanasi from 7th to 17th January 2012.
- 18th Himalayan Languages Symposium held from 10th to 12th October at Department of Linguistics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- 6th Student conference of Linguistics in India held from 17th-19th Feb 2012 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- International Workshop on Machine Learning and Text Analytics held from 15th-23rd Dec 2013 organized by South Asian University, New Delhi.
- Participated in Workshop on Word Sense Disambiguation from 6-18 January 2014 at Language Technology Research Center, IIIT Hyderabad.
- Participated in Workshop on Word Sense Disambiguation from 02-18 July 2014 at Language Technology Research Center, IIIT Hyderabad.
- 8th Student conference of Linguistics in India held from 24th-26th March 2014 at Kashmir University, Srinagar
- Lissim-9 organized by FOSSIL held from 23rd May – 6th June May 2015 at Solang Vally, Himanchal Pradesh.
- Participated in SciPy India Conference 2018 organized by FOSSEE at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay on 21, 22 December 2018.
Published Paper and Book Review:
- Dealing with Linguistic Divergences in English-Bhojpuri Machine Translation, ISBN 9784879747051, in the Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on South and Southeast Asian Natural Language Processing’s, Pages 103-113, Osaka, Japan, December 11-17 2016.
- English-Hindi TAM Divergences in relation to Anusaaraka, ISSN 232-2998, Language in India, Volume 16, 11 November 2016.
- Stylistics approach to Media Language, ISSN 2454-2725, Jankriti, An International Magazine based on Discourse in Media. Vol.1, issue-3, May 2015.
- Dexies as a Style Marker, April 2015, Shodh Prerak, An international Referred Journal.
- Bhojpuri Kriya rupa: eka tulanaa, ISSN 232-2998, December 2014, fifth issue.
- Classification of Bhojpuri adverbials, ISSN 2250-2467, March 2012.
- Book review; Hindi Kriya-Visheshan Padbandh: Sanrachana aur Prayog by Shashi Kumar Sharma, ISSN 0975-5780, December 2012.
- Maurya, Neha. “Lexicography of North Indian Languages” chapter in an “International Handbook of Lexis and Lexicography”. Editors: Patrick Hanks & Gilles-Maurice de Schryver (accepted for Publication).
- “Complex predicate in Bhojpuri” Maurya, Neha; Presented in 33rd AICL organized by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- “Classification of Bhojpuri Adverbials” Maurya, Neha; Presented in 9th ICOSAL organized by Punjabi University, Patiala.
- “Inherited Sense mapping and categorization of Hindi Verbs” Maurya, Neha; presented in SCONLI-6 organized by Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- “Hindi Kriya khana ke vividh paksh” Maurya, Neha; presented in Antarashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Wardha, Maharashtra.
- “Agreement in Bhojpuri” Maurya, Neha; presented in 11th ICOSAL organized by Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- “Temporal Interpretations and Adverbials” Maurya, Neha; presented in SCONLI-8 organized by Kashmir University, Srinagar.
- “Parasitic Gaps and Adverbial Clauses in Hindi” Maurya, Neha; presented in 36th ICOLSI organized by University of Kerala, Tiruanantpuram, Kerala.
- “English-Hindi TAM Divergence: In relation to Anusaaraka” Maurya, Neha et. al. Presented in ICON, organized by University of Goa, 2014.
- “Bhojpuri Annotation” Maurya, Neha et.al. Presented in regICON organized by IIT BHU,March 2015.
- “Cartography of Temporal Adverbial Clauses in selected Indian Languages” Maurya, Neha et,al. presented in International Conference on Syntactic Typology: Language Contact and Convergence, organized by Department of Linguistics, NEHU, Shillong, 23rd and 24th November 2015.
- “A Cross-Linguistic Cognitive study of Vector Verbs” Maurya, Neha et, al. presented in ICOSAL-12, organized by Center for Endangered languages and Mother Tongue studies, school of Humanities, University of Hyderabad, 7-9 January 2016
- UGC Junior Research Fellowship in June 2011.
- UGC Senior Research Fellowship in Dec 2013.