Ph. D. University of Hyderabad, 2001
M. Phil. (Philosophy) University of Hyderabad, 1995
M. A. (Philosophy) University of Hyderabad, 1994
B. A. (Philosophy Honours) F. M. College, Balasore, (then was affiliated to Utkal University, Vanihar, Bhubaneswar, 1992.)
Other Educational Qualifications:
Junior Research Fellow of Indian Council of Philosophical Research, New Delhi, from 1995-1998
National Eligibility Test, University Grant Commission, New Delhi, 1997.
Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, joined since 1st September, 2014 till date...
Associate Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, 27th February 2009
Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, 21st July, 2006 – 26th February, 2009
Assistant Professor (Contract) Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, 17th May, 2004 to 20th July, 2006.
Lecturer (Temporary) Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts, M. S. University of Baroda, 18th September 1999 to 14th May, 2004.
Area of Specialization: Philosophy of Mind and Language
Areas of Interest: Philosophy of Education, Philosophical Moral Psychology, Debates in Contemporary Indian Philosophy
- Introduction to Philosophy (HS 301)
- Philosophy of Mind (HS 420) UG Elective
- Environmental Studies (UG Level Compulsory Course)
- Philosophy of Education (HS 625 Institute Elective)
- Philosophy of Language (Ph.D. course work)
- Theories of Knowledge (Ph.D. Course work)
- Classical Indian Thoughts in Modern Times (Institute Elective)
- Making of a Man: A Study of Mahatma Gandhi (HS 639 Institute Elective)
- Mind, Language and World (HS 554 MA+PhD Elective)
Publication of Book :
Mind, Language and Intentionality, (Delhi: Bharatiya Kala Prakashan, 2008).ISBN: 978-81-8090-213-0
Language, Mind and the Reality: Philosophical Thoughts of R. C. Pradhan, (ed.) Overseas Press (India) Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2015. ISBN: 978-93-83803-16-3
Self-Knowledge and Moral Identity, (ed)Tulika, New Delhi (Forthcoming 2022)
Publications in Peer-reviewed Journals
1. “Intentionality of Mental Reference" (Discussion & Criticism), Journal of Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Vol. XV, No.1, 1997, pp. 93-98
2. "The Notion of Intentional Content: Mohanty and Searle", Journal of Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Vol. XIV, No.1, 1998, pp.51-62.
3. "Creative Visualization: A Semantic Analysis", Journal of Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Vol. XX, No.2, 2004, pp.97-113.
4. "Informative and Performative: What Performative Exactly Is?" Indian Philosophical Quarterly, Vol. XXXII, No.3, July 2005, pp.257-272
5. "The Nature of Philosophizing: A Dialogical Critique", Journal of Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Vol. XXII, No.2, April-June 2005, pp 1- 18.
6. "Reason, Choice and Value: An investigation from Aristotelian Perspective" (co-authored, as first author) Journal of Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Vol. XXVI. No.2, 2009, pp. 73-90
7. "Knowledge and Knowledge Structure: Re-Examining Searle's Internalism", Indian Journal of Analytic Philosophy, Vol. III, No. 2, March 2010, pp.84-103
8. "Ethics of Knowledge Sharing: A perspective on Social Ontology", Ethics in Progress Quarterly, Vol. 3, no. 1, 2012, pp. 53-70
9. "Knowledge as Semantic Ability," Journal of Indian Council of Philosophical Rese
10. "Learning from Stories: A Philosophical Perspective", Lokaratna, Vol. V & VI, 2013, pp.31-40
11. “Virtue of a Learner,” Anekanta: A Journal of Polysemic Thought, No. 2, 20014, pp.69-77
12. “In the Language of the Other: Education for Tribal Children from Philosophy of Engagement,” Lokaratna, Vol.VII, 2014, pp. 64-76
13. “Performative as the Language of Pragmatism: A reading of the Indian Spirituality,” Special Volume on Spiritual Pragmatism and Spiritual Pragmatics: New Horizon of Theory and Practice and Contemporary Challenges of Transformations, ed. Ananta Giri, 3D Journal of Indus Business Academy, Vol.5 No.2, January- June, 2014, pp.115-124
14. “The Enigma called Freedom” (with Arabinda Sahoo co-authored) Sandhan: Journal of Centre for Studies in Civilizations, (Special Issue on Responsibility and Freedom), Vol. XV, No.1&2, 2015, pp.265-288
15. “The Notion of Intentionality in the Philosophy of Yoga”, Revenshaw Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 1, No.1, 2015, pp.5-14
16. “Gandhian Conception of Truth in the Perspective of Moral Psychology”, (with Manik Konch co-authored) Gandhi Marg Quarterly, Vol.37, Nos.3&4, 2015-2016, pp.487-504
17. “Placing U. T. Place's Scientific Hypothesis: 60 Years On", (with Rajib Ray co-authored) Jadavpur Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 25, No. 1, 2015-2016, pp.45-68
18. “Linguistic Representation: A Reading from Early Wittgenstein”, (co-authored with Kevezai Tureng) Indian Journal of Analytic Philosophy, Vol.VI, No.1, 2016, pp. 33-49
19. “Understanding Life: A reading of “The Burden of Poetic Consciousness”, Journal of Foundational Research, Vol. XXIV, No. 1-2, 2017, pp. 43-60
20. ‘Wittgenstein on Creative Consciousness,’ Sandhan: Journal of Centre for Studies in Civilizations(Special Issue on Consciousness) Vol. XVIII, Nos. 1&2, 2017. pp.93-116
21. “Aristotle on Habit and Character Formation,” (co-authored with Manik Konch), International Journal of Ethics Education, Vol. 4, 2018.pp. 31-41
22. “Living with Pain and Beyond” Philosophical Traditions of the World, Vol. III, 2020: 84-103
Publication in Conference Proceeding:
23. "Consciousness and Language: Towards a Unifying Principle", Scientific and Philosophical Studies of Consciousness, ed. Sangeetha Menon, M. G. Narashimhan, Anindya Sinha, B. V. Shreekanthan, NIAS, Bangalore, 1999, pp.258-277
24. "A Perspective of Dialogical Engagement Between Self and Culture", 29th International Wittgenstein Symposium Proceeding on Cultures: Conflict-Analysis-Dialogues, ed. Georg Gasser, Christian Kanzian and Edmund Runggaldier, Vol. XIV, Wittgenstein Philosophical Society, Kirchberg am Wechsel, 2006, pp. 243-245
25. "Searle on Representation: A Relation between Language and Consciousness", ed. Volker A. Munz, Klaus Puhl and Joseph Wang, Pre-proceedings of 32nd International Wittgenstein Symposium on Language and World, Vol. XVII, Krichberg am Wechesel, Vienna, 2009, pp.322-324.726. “Being in a Divine Dialogue: Integrity and Responsibility in Bhagavat Gita,” (co-authored) in Ethics of Srimad Bhagavat Gita, (ed.) B. K. Nayak M.P. C. Philosophy Series, Vol. IV, 2013. pp. 38-48
26. “Memory and Self-Identity: A analysis from normative point of view,” in Memory and Human Wellbeing: Interdisciplinary Perspective, ed. Yasuhira Kanayam, Malhar Kulkarni and Toshiya Unebe, Japan Society for Promoting Science, Graduate Schools of Letters, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan, 2015, pp.29-42
27. “Threads of Spiritual Humanism: Binding the Cosmo-centric Culture of China and India,” Asian Universities Alliance Academic Conferences: Communication of Mass Culture between China and Other Asian Countries in the 21st Century, Peking University, Beijing, China on 23-24 November, 2019, (Hand-Book) pp.97-105
Chapters in Edited Books
28. "The Concept of Self in Suresh Chandra" Philosophy of Suresh Chandra, (ed.) R. C. Pradhan, Indian Council of Philosophical Research, New Delhi, 2004, pp. 211-227.
29. "Naturalizing Intentionality: A Searlean Critique", Language and Mind, ed. R. C. Pradhan, University of Hyderabad Philosophical Series- IV, Decent Books, New Delhi, 2006, pp. 189-219.
30. "Wittgenstein on Moral Consciousness", ed. K. C. Pandey, Ludwig Wittgenstein: Ethics and Religion, Rawat Publication, Jaipur, 2008, pp. 86-102
31. "The Freudian Unconsciousness: A Philosophical Explanation" Hypnosis: Psycho-Philosophical Perspective & Therapeutic Relevance, (ed) Renu Sharma and B.M. Palan, Concept Publishing House, New Delhi, 2010, Pp. 293-304
32. "Searle and Kim on Emergentism” Knowledge, Value and Evolution, ed. Thomas Hribek and Juraj Hvorecky, College Publications, London, 2011, Pp. 199-214.
33. “Communicative Intentionality: An Analysis of “The Rules of Statement Making,” Linguistic Representations: The Road Ahead (Hyderabad Studies in Philosophy, no. 10) (ed.) R. C. Pradhan, Decent Books/ D. K. Printworld, New Delhi, 2012, pp. 197-215
34.“The Otherness of Self: A Philosophy of Culture,” Philosophy of Cultures: A Contemporary Understanding (eds.) Vanlalnghak and L. Lenka, Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi, 2013, pp. 192-208.
35. "Virtue of an Epistemic Agent: A Sradhanjali to Chita Bhai", A New Morning with Chitta 5anjan: Adventures in Co-Realization and World Transformation (ed.) Ananta Giri, (Bhubaneswar: Siskhasandan, 2013) Pp.81-84.
36. “Moral Identity: A Reflection on Pradhan’s the notion of Person and Value”, Mind, Language and Reality: A Reflection on Philosophical Thoughts of R. C. Pradhan, ed. Ranjan Kumar Panda, (New Delhi: Overseas Press, 2015) pp-267-284
37. “The Normative Significance of Intentional Action,” (Co-authored) Reasons for Action and Praxiology. Broadening the Borders" (Praxiology vol 23,) ed. Piotr Makowski & et. al. Transaction Publishers, New Jersey, 2016, pp.125-134
38. “On Question of Environmental Concern: A Buddhist Contemplation,” (co-authored with Khagembam Romesh) Buddhist Applied Philosophy, Vol.1, Ed. Uday Kumar, Prestige: New Delhi, 2017, pp. 199-214
39. “Difficulty of Being Good,” Morality, Objectivity and Defeasibility: Essays on the Moral Writings of Professor P. K. Mohapatra (Eds.) R. C. Majhi, B. P. Patra and B. C. Sahoo, Rama Chandra Majhi, Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi, 2017, pp.64-76
40. "Knowing and Sharing: A Dialogical Journey" (ed) Ananta Giri, Pathways of Creative Research: Towards a Festival of Dialogues, Primus, New Delhi, 2017, pp443-461
41. "Language and Morality: A Searlean thesis on Communicative Ethics" (co-authored) in Language and Communication, (ed.) Kantilal Das, NBU Studies in Philosophy 28, Levant Books, Kolkata, 2018, pp.170-181
42. ‘The Prabachanas as Performatives: Tracing the Moral Grounds of Spiritual Discourse in the Jagannath Culture,’ Bonding with the God: Jagannath, Popular Culture and Community Formation, ed. Jyotirmaya Tripathy and Uwe Skoda, Bloomsbury, New Delhi, 2019, pp.67-90
43. ‘Why Johnny Can’t Read’: Seeking a Response through the Art of Teaching” Teaching in Unequal Societies, ed. John Russon, Siby George and P. G. Jung, Bloomsbury, New Delhi, 2020, pp. 197-222
44. “Performative as the Language of Pragmatism: A reading of the Indian Spirituality,” Pragmatism, Spirituality and Society: New Pathways of Consciousness, Freedom and Solidarity, ed. Ananta Kumar Giri, Palgrave McMillan, Singapore, 2021, pp. 297-314
45. “Making of a Man: A Reading of Gandhi's Philosophy in 21st Century", in Gandhi in 21st Century: Ideas and Relevance, ed. Anshuman Behera and Sailesh Nayak, Springer: Singapore, 2022: pp.81-95
61. “Vairagya in the Realm of Awakening Consciousness”, in the National Seminar on Indian Philosophy of Religion, organized by P.G. Department of Philosophy, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar from 22nd – 23rd April 2022.
60. "Dennett on Intelligent Tools", (with Abhishek Yadav) Presented in 9th International Conference on Science and Scientist 2021: On Difference between Natural and Artificial Intelligence, Nadia, 30 - 31 December 2021.
59. "The Challenges of Sharing Content with Intelligent Systems", (with Ankita) Presented in 9th International Conference on Science and Scientist 2021: On Difference between Natural and Artificial Intelligence, Nadia, 30 - 31 December 2021.
58. "The Necessity of Discriminative Knowledge: A Way forward to Higher Consciousness", in International Conference (webinar) on Samkhya-Yoga Philosophy of Consciousness, organised by Forum for Philosophy, 25-26 September 2021.
57. “Ludwig Wittgenstein’s Tractatus: Doing Philosophy in Difficult Times”, 100 Years of Wittgenstein’s Tractatus, Chennai Philosophical Forum, Chennai, 20th July 2021.
56. “Does Heterophenomenology Explain Consciousness?” in the World Philosophy Day Celebration on the theme Phenomenology and Consciousness: Philosophical Reflections, Department of Philosophy, Punjab University, Chandigarh, 2 – 3 June, 2021
55. “Renewing Philosophy in the Age of Technology” in the World Philosophy Day Celebration on the theme Philosophy, Science and Technology: Different Perspectives, in the Department of Philosophy, University Goura Banga, West Bengal on 27th February, 2021.
54: “Human Communication: The notion of addressing and understanding” 9th Distinguished Lecture, in the Department of Philosophy, Presidency University, Kolkata, 26th February, 2021
53. Reconstructing Cartesian Dualism” in 8th International Conference on Science and Scientists 2020 on the topic Understanding Subject/ Object, Mind/Body-Unity, December, 20-22, 2020
52.“Experiencing Pain and Beyond: An understanding of Buddhist notion of anatmᾱ” International Conference on Global Impact of Buddhism and Neo Buddhism organized by the Department of Philosophy and the Centre for Buddhist Studies, University of Mumbai from November 27 to 28, 2019
51. “Threads of Spiritual Humanism: Binding the Cosmo-centric Culture of China and India,” Asian Universities Alliance Academic Conferences: Communication of Mass Culture between China and Other Asian Countries in the 21st Century, Peking University, Beijing, China on 23-24 November, 2019
50. “Wittgenstein on Creative Consciousness”, UGC, Interdisciplinary National Seminar on Buddha and Wittgenstein on Culture and Values, Department of Buddhist Studies, 14th & 16th March, 2019
49. “Why Johnny cannot read?”: Seeking a response through Art of Teaching” Conference on The Ethics of Teaching in Pluralistic and Unequal Societies, Sponsored by the Shastri Indo- Canadian Institute, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India, November 22nd-24th, 2018.
48. “The Prabachanas as Performatives: Tracing out the Moral Grounds of Spiritual Discourse in the Jagannatha Culture,” National Workshop on Bonding with the God: Jagannath in Popular Culture, HSS Department, IIT Madras, Chennai 29-30, September 2018
47. “Humanism in the Crossroad: A Reflection on Integral Humanism” 24th World Congress of Philosophy, on Learning to be Human, organised by IFPS & Peking University, Beijing, China 13-20 August, 2018
46. “Integral Humanism: An Understanding of Philosophy of Life,” in the symposium on Integral Humanism, 92 Indian Philosophical Congress, Holistic Science Research Centre, Surat, 5-7 January, 2018.
45. “Davidson on Intending,” in the International Seminar on the philosophy of Donald Davidson and the influence of his ideas in the twenty first Century, Jointly Organized by the Department of Philosophy University of Mumbai (25th November 2017) and Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, Powai (26th of November 2017)
44. “Wittgenstein on Religious Commitment,” II Wittgenstein Conference, by Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, Department of Philosophy, Manipur University, from 3-5 November, 2017
43. “Searle on Intention in Action: Can there be any Teleological Explanation?” ICPR National Seminar on Problem of Mechanism and Teleology, Department of Philosophy, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya University, Gorakhpur, 15-17 September 2017
42. “Collective Moral Agency: A Refection” (joint paper by Arabinda Sahoo, NILR, Ranchi) National Conference on Agency and Values: Ethical Challenges in 21st Century organized by the Department of Philosophy, Presidency University, Kolkata, 24th-25th April 2017.
41. “Understanding Life: A reading of “The Burden of Poetic Consciousness,” in the ICPR National Seminar on Philosophy of Bishwambhar Pahi, held at the CAS-Department of Philosophy, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, 12-14 March, 2016.
40. “Learning from Pain: An Analysis of Buddhist’s concept of Anātmā,” in the UGC-ICPR National Seminar on Philosophy of Mind, Matters and Morals: A Buddhist Perspective, held at Centre for Buddhist Studies, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur during 12-14 February, 2016
39. “In the Court of Conscience: A reflection on Dharma and Moral attitude,” VII International Seminar Organized by Balvantbhai Parekh Centre for General Semantics and Other Human Sciences in collaboration with English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad, during 02-04 November, 2015
38. “The Interiority of Experience: A Reflection of Searle’s notion of Intentionality,” presented in the International Consciousness Conference at Centre for Cognition and Neuroethics [Insight Institute of Neurosurgery and Neuroscience, Flint, Michigan during October, 16-17, 2015
37. “Willing to Struggle with Difficult Ideas”: Hilary Putnam on Life and Value in International Seminar on Philosophy of Hilary Putnam held at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, during 3-5 October, 2015
36. “The Difficulty of Being Good” in the ICPR sponsored National Seminar on Ethics and Society: The Moral Writings of Professor P. K. Mohapatra held at Department of Philosophy, Chowdar College, Cuttack, during 15-16 February, 2015
35. “Quest for Identity: Walking on the Lane of Normativity” in the International Conference titled Self-Knowledge and Moral Identity, held at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, during 13-16January, 2015.
34. “Linguistic Representation: A Reflection on R. C. Pradhan’s Theory of Meaning,” in the International Conference titled Intentionality, Normativity and Objectivity, held at Department of Philosophy, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, during 8-10 January 2015.
33. “Memory and Self-Identity: A analysis from normative point of view,” presented in Intentional Symposium on Memory and Human Wellbeing: Interdisciplinary Perspective, jointly organized by Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay and Japan Society for Promoting Science KaKenhi Project, 9th – 10th November, 2014.
32. “Reflection on Debates in Environmental Ethics,” (jointly with Khangembam Romesh) presented in International Conference Towards Ecocultural Ethics, BITS Pilani, Goa, 9-11 October, 2014.
31. “Language, Institution and Ontology: Remnants of Builder’s Language-Game and Performatives,” presented in the UGC-SAP National Seminar on Language and Mind: 20th Century Perspective, Department of Philosophy, Jadavpur University, from 29th – 30th January, 2014.
30. “On Question of Environmental Concern: A Buddhist Contemplation,” (co-authored) UGC National Seminar on Buddhist Applied Philosophy, Department of Buddhist Studies, Acharya Nagarjuna University, from 30th – 31st January, 2014.
29. “The Other Aspects of Ashram Activities: Ecological Harmony and Resource Management from the Gandhian Perspective,” (co-authored) presented in UGC-SAP National seminar on Sustainable Management of Natural Resources: Challenges and Responses, Department of Rural Development and Social Work, S. K. University, Ananthapur, from 24th – 25th March, 2014.
28. “Being in Divine Dialogue: Integrity and Responsibility in the Bhagavat Gita” Moral Philosophy in Srimad Bhagavat Gitā, held at M. P. C. College, Baripada, Orissa from 31st March – 1st April, 2013.
27. “The Normative Significance of Basic Action,” (Co-authored) presented in International Conference (ECTA 2013) European Conference on Theory of Action, Dept of Philosophy, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, 12 – 14th March, 2013
26. “Moral Identity: A Reflection on Pradhan’s the notion of Person and Value”, Mind, Language and Reality: A Reflection on Philosophical Thoughts of R. C. Pradhan, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, March 5-7, 2012
25 “The Virtue of an Epistemic Agent,” Virtue Revolution, Department of Philosophy and Religion, Houston Baptist University, Texas, 8th – 9th April, 2011.
24. “Performative as the Language of Pragmatism: A reading of the Indian Spirituality,” Spiritual Pragmatism, Indus Business Academy, Bangalore, 21st – 23rd February, 2011.
23. “Language and Morality: A Searlean Thesis on Communicative Ethics,” Language, Metaphysics and Morality, Department of Philosophy, University of Zagreb, Croatia, from 1st – 3rd December 2010.
22. “The Interiority of Experience: A Reflection on Searle’s theory of Intentionality,” International Conference on From Experience to Thought: Debates in Consciousness, Cognition and Agency, Centre for Philosophy, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 7th – 9th January 2010.
21. “The Concept of Sākin: A reflection on the notion of person in Indian Philosophy” First Asian Philosophy Congress, organized by Indian Council of Philosophical Research New Delhi, held at Jawaharlal University, New Delhi, from 6th – 9th March 2010.
20. “Intentionality in Meaning” UGC-SAP national conference on Mind and Meaning held at Department of Philosophy, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, from 15th – 17th March 2010
19. “Searle and Kim on Emergentism”, International Conference on Knowledge, Value and Evolution, organized by Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic, 22nd – 25th November 2009.
18. “Searle on Representation: A Relation between Language and Consciousness”, 32nd International Wittgenstein Symposium on Language and World, Krichberg am Wechesel, Vienna, 9 – 15 August 2009.
17. “Layers of Ontology” International Conference on Language, Mind and Social Construction, held at Dept of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 9-11 February 2009
16. “Knowledge as Semantic Ability” International Seminar on Language: the Instrument of Knowing held at Dept. of Philosophy, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad from 28 – 30January 2009.
15. “The Freudian Unconscious: A Philosophical Exploration”, National Seminar on Psycho-Philosophical Perspectives of Hypnosis, held at M. S. University of Baroda, 9-11 January 2009.
14. “Ethics of Knowledge Sharing: A perspective on Social Ontology”, in the ICPR National Seminar on Ethics: Theory and Application held at Dept. of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, from 18th – 20th March 08.
13. “Re-Examining Searle’s Internalism” in the ICPR National Seminar on Recent Developments in Epistemology: Indian and Western, held at Department of Philosophy, North-East Hill University, Shillong, from 28th – 30th November 2007.
12. “Semantics from Biological Point of View” in the ICPR National seminar on Perspectives in the Philosophy of Language: Indian & Western held at S. V. University, Tirupathi, from 5 – 7 March 2007
11. “Reconstruction of Dualism: A Searlean Perspective”, in the ICPR National Seminar on Current Debates in Metaphysics held at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay, from 16 – 18 February 2007
10. “J. N. Mohanty’s Philosophical Encounters and Creativity”, International Conference organized by Centre for Contemporary Theory, Baroda on Knowledge Systems in the Climate of Creativity: Indian Perspective, held at Udaipur from 18 – 20 December 2006.
9. “A Critique of the Searlean notion of Emergentism”, International Conference organized by Australasian Association of Philosophy (New Zealand Division) held at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand from 4 – 7 December 2006.
8. “A Perspective of Dialogical Engagement Between Self and Culture”, 29th International Wittgenstein Symposium on Cultures: Conflict-Analysis – Dialogues held at Kirchberg am Weschsel, Austria from 6th – 12th August 2006.
7. “Naturalizing Intentionality: A Searlean Critique”, in the National Seminar on Language and Mind, at the Dept. of Philosophy, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, from 16 – 18 November 2004.
6.. “Analytic Philosophy and Linguistic Turn”, in the State Level Seminar on Contemporary Western Philosophy, organized by Department of Philosophy, Saurastra University, Rajkot, on 24th August 2003.
5. “The Concept of Self in Suresh Chandra” in the national seminar on Thoughts and Works of Professor Suresh Chandra, organized by ICPR, at Darshan Bhavan, New Delhi, from 21st -23rd October 2002.
4. “Searle’s Intention Based Semantics: Why philosophy of language is a branch of philosophy of mind,” ICPR national seminar on Dimensions of Mind, Department of Philosophy, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, from 28th Feb - 1st March 2000
3. “Consciousness and Language: Towards a Unifying Principle”, in the first national conference on Scientific and Philosophical Studies of Consciousness, National Institute of Advance Study, Bangalore, 8th -13th February 1999.
2. “The Structure of Mental States: Can they be moduled?” National seminar on Concept of Mind, organized by ICPR, at Vismad Nād, Ludhiana from 21st-23rd November 1997.
1.“Cartesian Mind Towards Searlean Critique” in Young Research Scholar Seminar of ICPR on Science, Rationality and Man, Department of Philosophy, University of Hyderabad, from 28th Feb to 29th Feb 1996.
Administrative Responsibility in IIT Bombay and Other Institutes
An External Members of the School Board of Humanities, University of Hyderabad, starting from January 2022 - (for three years)
Founder of “Tattvanveshi Philosophical Society” – Feb 2022.
Associated with GATE-IIT Bombay ConOps for the year 2021 and 2022.
A member of Institute Ethics Committee, IIT Bombay, from September 2019 to till date.
Visitor’s Nominee for HSS Department, IIT Tirupati from 2019 – 2021
Member of DPGC, HSS Dept, IIT Bombay May 2020 to till date
M. Phil. Coordinator/ Faculty Advisor from January 2014 to February 2016
Warden (Hostel-7) from 16th June 20011 to June 2015.
Associate Warden (Hostel-7) from 13th March 2009 to 15th June, 2011.
Faculty Advisor/ Ph.D. Coordinator HSS Dept, November 2010 to January 2014
DPGC Member HSS Dept., from 2008 to 2010
DUGC Member HSS Dept from 2006 to 2008
Dept Library Coordinator HSS Dept from Sept 2004 to 2006.
Life member of Fourm of Contemporary Theory, Baroda.
1. Romesh Singh K. (September 2013-2015) researched in the area of Environmental Ethics as Post. Doctoral Fellow
2. Barada Laxmi Panda: Rationality and Normativity: A Discourse in Ethics, awarded 2012
3. Arabinda Sahoo: Action and Agency: A Philosophical Study, awarded 2013
4. Rajib Ray: Mind-Brain Problem: An analysis of Contemporary Debates on Consciousness, awarded 2016
5. Pragyan Behera: Playful Learning in the Early Childhood Education: Perspectives and Practices, M.Phil. awarded 2017
6. Manik Konch: Aristotle's Virtue Ethics: A Critical Exploration from the Perspective of Philosophical Moral Psychology, awarded 2018
7. Sarthak Ghosh: Reference and Experience: Study of Representation and Non-Representational Views on Perception, awarded 2021
8. Kevezai Tureng: Language and Representation: A Reading of Wittgenstein's Philosophy of Language, 5th APS Given
9. Vikrant Singh: Donald Davidson's Philosophy of Mind and Meaning, Continuing, 4th APS Given
10. Abhishek Yadav: Daniel Dennett's Philosophy of Mind: A Critical Study, Continuing, 4th APS Given
11. Ankita: Normativity of Meaning in Intention Based Semantics, Continuing, 3rd APS given
12. Prateek Chaubey: On Self, Currently doing coursework and preparing for First APS