PhD in Economics | University at Albany: SUNY, Albany, NY, USA (2009-2014)
MA in Economics | Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India (2007-2009)
BS in Economics | Presidency (College) University, Kolkata, India (2004-2007)
- Assistant Professor of Economics | Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India (2020-)
- Research Scientist | The Mongan Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA (2019-2020)
- Assistant Professor (Research track) | Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA (2016-2018)
- Summer Associate | Pfizer Inc., New York City, NY, USA (2015)
- UW-Pfizer Senior Post-Doctoral Fellow | The Comparative Health Outcomes, Policy, and Economics (CHOICE) Institute, Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA (2014-2016)
Health Economics, Applied Econometrics, Health Policy, Health Services Research, Labour Economics, Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes Research.
IIT Bombay: Principles of Economics, Intermediate Macroeconomics II, Econometrics I, Econometrics I Lab, Economics of Health Care
IIT Bombay: Applied Econometrics (PhD)
SUNY Albany: Economic Analysis for Health Policy and Management (MA)
1. Bartels S., Aschbrenner, KA, Pratt, SI, Zubkoff L, Jue K, Williams G, Godfrey MM, Cohen MJ, Banerjee S, Xie H, Wolfe R, Naslund JA, Bond GR. Virtual Learning Collaborative Compared to Technical Assistance as a Strategy for Implementing Health Promotion in Routine Mental Health Settings: A Hybrid Type 3 Cluster Randomized Trial. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. 2022; 49(6):1031-1046. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10488-022-01215-0
2. Banerjee, S., Paasche-Orlow, M.K., McCormick, D., Lin, M., Hanchate, A.D. Readmissions performance and penalty experience of safety-net hospitals under Medicare’s Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program. BMC Health Services Research. 2022; 22, 338. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-022-07741-9
3. Aschbrenner KA, Mueller NM, Banerjee S, & Bartels SJ. Applying an equity lens to characterizing the process and reasons for an adaptation to an evidenced-based practice. Implementation Research and Practice. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1177/26334895211017252
4. Banerjee S , Basu A. Estimating Endogenous Treatment Effects Using Latent Factor Models with and without Instrumental Variables. Econometrics. 2021; 9(1):14. https://doi.org/10.3390/econometrics9010014
- Featured paper in the special issue “Health Econometrics” in the journal Econometrics.
5. Nakash, O., Cruz-Gonzalez, M., Lincoln, A.K., Banerjee, S., Alegría, M. 2021. Similarities in client-clinician perceptions of subjective social status and its association to similarities in the quality of working alliance and client anxiety symptoms. Psychotherapy Research, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10503307.2021.1900618
6. Banerjee, S., Paasche-Orlow, M.K., McCormick, D., Lin, M., Hanchate, A.D. Association between Medicare’s Hospital Readmission Reduction Program and readmission rates across hospitals by medicare bed share. BMC Health Services Research . 2021; 21, 248. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-021-06253-2
7. Aschbrenner KA, Bond GR, Pratt SI, Jue K, Williams G, Banerjee S, Bartels SJ. Evaluating Agency-led adaptions to an evidence-based lifestyle intervention for adults with serious mental illness. Implementation Research and Practice. 2020; 1: 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1177/2633489520943200.
- Accepted for podium presentation in The Leading Edge: Problems, Methods, and Findings that will Shape the Future of the Field session, 13th Annual Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation (2020).
- Best poster in the Methods and Measurement track, 12th Annual Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation in Health (2019).
8. Falgas-Bague I, Wang Y, Banerjee S, Ali N, DiMarzio K, Vidal DP, Alegria M. Predictors of Adherence to Treatment in Behavioral Health Therapy for Latino Immigrants: The Importance of Trust . Frontiers in Psychiatry. 2019; 10(817):1-11. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2019.00817.
9. Banerjee S, McCormick D, Paasche-Orlow M, Lin M, Hanchate A. Association Between Degree of Exposure to the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program and Condition-Specific Mortality: Experience from the First Five Years of Medicare’s Pay-for-Performance Program. BMC Health Services Research. 2019; 19(1):921. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-019-4562-7.
10. Hanchate A, Paasche-Orlow M, Baker WE, Lin M, Banerjee S, Feldman J. Association of Race/Ethnicity With Emergency Department Destination of Emergency Medical Services Transport. JAMA Network Open. 2019; 2(9): e1910816. https://doi.org/doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.10816.
11. Hanchate A, Dyer S, Paasche-Orlow M, Banerjee S, Baker WE, Lin M, Xue WD, Feldman J. Disparities in Emergency Department Visits among Co-located Racial/Ethnic Medicare Enrollees. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2019 Mar;73(3):225-235. https://doi.org/doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2018.09.007
12. Mandal B, Bhattacharjee P, Banerjee S. Autonomy-Induced Preference, Budget Reallocation, and Child Health. Eurasian Economic Review. 2018; 8(3): 485–497. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40822-018-0091-7
13. Banerjee S, Roland CL, Willke R, Mardekian J, Garrison LP. Prevalence of and Comorbid Health Conditions Associated With Pediatric Prescription Opioid Use in the US. Journal of Pain & Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy. 2017 Sep - Dec; 31(3-4):218-227. PMID: 29261401. https://doi.org/10.1080/15360288.2017.1407860
14. Banerjee S, Garrison LP, Flum DR, Arterburn DE. Cost and Health Care Utilization Implications of Bariatric Surgery Versus Intensive Lifestyle and Medical Intervention for Type 2 Diabetes. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2017 Sep; 25(9):1499-1508. PMID: 28722299. https://doi.org/10.1002/oby.21927
15. Banerjee S, Garrison LP, Danel A, Ochoa Gautier JB, Flum DR. Effects of arginine-based immunonutrition on inpatient total costs and hospitalization outcomes for patients undergoing colorectal surgery. Nutrition. 2017 Oct; 42:106-113. PMID: 28734748. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2017.06.002
16. Banerjee S, Chatterji P, Lahiri K. Effects of Psychiatric Disorders on Labor Market Outcomes: A Latent Variable Approach Using Multiple Clinical Indicators. Health Economics. 2017 Feb; 26(2):184-205. PMID: 26563992. https://doi.org/10.1002/hec.3286
17. Banerjee S, Chatterji P, Lahiri K. Identifying the mechanisms for workplace burden of psychiatric illness. Medical Care. 2014 Feb; 52(2):112-20. PMID: 24309665. https://doi.org/doi: 10.1097/MLR.0000000000000040
- Assessing Quality of Cancer Care in India using Electronic Medical Records: A Pilot Study (PI: Souvik Banerjee) (2022- ) (Rs. 29,78,500)
- The Impact of Medicaid Plans on Access to and Quality of SUD Treatment (PI: Alegria) (2018-2021) ($1,578,938)
- Peer Support And Mobile Technology Targeting Cardiometabolic Risk Reduction In Young Adults With SMI (PI: Aschbrenner) (2016-2020) ($1,930,642)
- Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Due to Ambulance Diversion (PI: Hanchate/Feldman) (2016-2019) ($1,978,661)
- National Estimates for Inpatient Care, Outcomes & Hospital Effect among Hispanics (PI: Hanchate) (2013-2019) ($2,161,624)
- Unintended Consequences: Medicare Performance Programs and Health Disparities (PI: Hanchate) (2016-2018) ($1,608,349)
- Decomposing Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Health (PI: Lahiri) (2009-2013) ($947,893)
- Young Faculty Award, IIT Bombay (2020-23)
- Travel grant, Ifo/CESifo Conference on Empirical Health Economics, Munich, Germany (2013)
- Travel grant, Annual Health Econometrics Workshop, Chapel Hill, NC (2013)
- Travel grant, Annual Health Econometrics Workshop, New York City, NY (2012)
- Graduate Scholarship, Department of Economics, SUNY Albany, NY (2009-2011)
- Graduated with Honours (First class), Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Graduated with Honours (First class), Presidency (College) University, Kolkata