Normative Approach to Public Finance
The Economic Basis for Government Activity; Argument for Equality Between
Marginal Social Benefit and Marginal Social Cost
The Theory of Optimum Budget
Formulation of an Optimum Budget Allocation, Distribution and Stabilization.
Incidence of Budget Policy
Principles of Taxation and Government Expenditure
Benefit Approach, Ability To Pay Principle
Progressive Taxation Equality Theory, Surplus-Income Theory, and Socio-Political Theory
Developments in Public Goods Theory
The Lindahl Model of Pareto Optimality; Public Goods and the Free-Riding Problem.
Commodity Taxation Output and Price Effects
Theory of Tax Incidence
Excess Burden of Taxes
Taxation, Government Expenditure, and Work Efforts; Taxation, Government Expenditure and Savings; Taxation, Government Expenditure, Investment and Risk-Bearing; Taxation and Capital Gains
The Burden and Management of Public Debt
Ricardo-Pigou Thesis; Buchanan Thesis; Musgrave Thesis of Inter-generation Equity.
General Techniques of Debt Management; Anti-Cyclical Debt Management.
Fiscal Policy in Underdeveloped CountriesThe Union-State Fiscal Relations in India
A Look Into The Indian Tax System
1. Musgrave, R.A, and P.B.Musgrave: Public Finance in Theory and Practice, McGraw-Hill, New York,
2. Due, J.F. and A.F. Friedlander: Government Finance, Irwin, Homewood, Illionois, (1973)
3. David N. Hyman: Public Finance: A Contemporary Application of Theory to Policy,
SouthWestern Press, (2010)
4. Jha, R: Modern Theory of Public Finance, Wiley Eastern Ltd., (1987)
5.Eckstein O: Public Finance, New Delhi: Prentice Hall, (1987)
6. Prest, A. R: Public Finance in Developing Countries, London: Weidenfeld& Nicolson, (1985)